Friday, January 10, 2014

Artichoke Dip - Game Day Food - 3 Ingredients

We are big football fans at my house.  Even our little princess is (she didn't really have a choice).  But I am usually not good about planning to have game time snacks on hand.  I wish I was better about it. If I did it right, I'll bet I could plan it so that I didn't have to cook lunch or dinner on game day.  Hmmmm I might have to take on that challenge.

While I was mulling over game time snacks (snackage as my daughter would say), I remembered an old favorite of mine, artichoke dip.  And, as a bonus, I had everything I needed in the pantry.  Which means, yes I stock cans of artichoke hearts as a staple pantry item for my home (don't judge).

As you might imagine, this is NOT a healthy recipe.  But it is quick and yummy.  Two out of three isn't bad.

For this recipe you need:
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 14oz can artichoke hearts

Drain the artichoke hearts then chop them up.  In a mixing bowl add the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, and chopped artichokes.  Mix well.

Optionally you can add diced sweet or hot fire roasted peppers, chilies, jalapenos, or even a little minced garlic.  Technically you could eat this dip cold.  I prefer it heated.  Something about melting the cheese into the mayo makes it taste a lot better to me.  You can put the dip into baking dish and pop it into a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or so.  Or, as I did, you can put the dip into a microwave safe dish and heat it for 4 - 5 minutes (yes oven baked would have made a better photo but we wanted it now, not 20 minutes from now).

If I was bringing this to a party I would bake it until the top was nicely browned.  When it is for just me and my hubby, the microwave makes the prep time of this dip less than 10 minutes tops.  We eat this with corn chips but it goes really well with pita chips or french bread.

Enjoy and Go Pats!

Please follow me on FacebookPinterest, and Bloglovin.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...